Dear SWY New Zealand Alumni!
The SWY New Zealand Alumni Association are coordinating a homestay for the upcoming arrival and visit of Japanese Participating Youth (JPY) in February 2015 in Wellington. This visit follows the 27th Ship for World Youth Leaders Programme in Japan of which New Zealand has been invited to and will participate during the months of January and February next year.
The JPY and New Zealand delegation will return to Wellington on Saturday 14 February 2014 and the tradition has always been for our Japanese youth to experience a homestay with a New Zealand family for a couple of nights! This experience has always been so valuable for JPY to get an understanding of our ways of life, values, cultures and languages.
We are currently seeking host families for 23 JPY for two nights. Here are the specific details of their trip:
- 10 pairs of JPY and 1 group of three to be hosted
- 11 groups in total seeking homestays, 11 families required
- To host for the nights of Saturday 14 February and Sunday 15 February, 2015
- Hosts to be Wellington based (including outer suburbs)
- Hosts to be willing to provide some activities and experiences for JPY to get an understanding of life in New Zealand and of course, to get to know your family!
Although the JPY visitors are not due to arrive until February we are mindful that there is a lot to organise and would ideally like to have 11 families confirmed before Christmas! If you think that you and your family would be interested in hosting Japanese youth, please get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Please email Dee O’Carroll as soon as possible if you’re interested in being a host family – firstname.lastname@example.org
Nā, Dee O’Carroll
President, SWYNZ Alumni Association